Google My Business listing won't connect
There are several reasons why your Google My Business account may not be connecting to SocialOmm.
If you are encountering issues when trying to connect your Google My Business account, follow these troubleshooting methods to overcome the issue.
These methods are listed in order of likelihood, so we recommend you try each of them in order to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Method 1 - Reconnect your GMB account with SocialOmm
It may be that our access to your account has expired. To resolve this issue you will need to reconnect your GMB account with SocialOmm. This is really quick and easy and is the most common cause of posting errors.
- Select Manage social profiles from the options on the left-hand side of your dashboard.
- Click the Reconnect button next to your GMB profile and follow the steps on screen to confirm access.
Method 2 - Reset SocialOmm's access through GMB
If reconnecting your account through SocialOmm doesn’t resolve the issue, try removing access through your GMB account first. This will give you the ability to reset any restrictions, which may be the cause of the issue.
- Select Security from the options along the left-hand side of your Google Account dashboard:
- Scroll down the page until you see a box titled Third-party apps with account access:
- Click Manage third-party access, select Social Connect Gateway and click Remove Access:
- Go back through Method 1 to reconnect your profile with SocialOmm.
Method 3 - Re-assign your users to 'Owner'
If the above two methods do not resolve your issue, it may be because your GMB permissions are preventing the user from posting to your location. If the profile that is connected to your SocialOmm account is set as Manager or Site Manager, try re-assigning them as an Owner. This will remove any restrictions on posting and resolve the issue.
Method 4 - Check that your business is verified
Your GMB account may be preventing you from posting because the location isn’t verified. After creating your GMB listing, make sure to verify your business location.
- Select Businesses from the options along the left-hand side of your GMB dashboard:
- Check that the Status is Verified, rather than Code Requested next to your business. If it’s not, you will need to re-verify your business. This should resolve the issue.